About Walt’s Auto Inc.
From 1936 to 1958, Walter P. Wyen was the owner of the Xenia Auto Wrecking company. He gained valuable knowledge about the used vehicle parts industry during these years. Walter decided to close down this business in 1958. In May of 1960 after his sons graduated from school, he started Walt’s Auto Inc. after he purchased 32 acres of land in Springfield, Ohio.
Walter operated the business back then with the help of torch wagons and boom trucks just as the other salvage-yard businesses did at the time. The business began to grow and by 1977, it was time to update the business. Walter did so when he bought new equipment such as a MAC crusher and a large forklift. Sadly, Walter did not live to see the full success of this company, as he died in 1979 during the summer. Family members continued on with the operations of Walt’s Auto Inc. and ensured its success.
Another upgrade came through the addition of the AIMS Inventory System. We were subsequently able to keep track of our inventory in an organized manner then with tags and cards. It was not until 1985 that our present 20,000 square-foot facility was built on the land. Inside this facility, we created our office, sales, showroom, warehouse, dismantling and stockroom areas. The business grew to the point that we found the need for the Hollander Computer System to be installed in 1986. We were pleased that we tracked and organized our inventory, so effectively, with this system as soon as we added it to our facility.