It all started in Xenia,
Ohio in 1936 when Walter P. Wyen went into the used auto
parts business. He owned and operated Xenia Auto
Wrecking from 1936 to 1958. After closing the business
in 1958, Walter took off a couple of years. After Dick
and Gene finished school, Walter purchased 32 acres in
Springfield, Ohio. It was here in May 1960 when Walt's
Auto, Inc. was established.
Walt's was operated like most yards were in the early
days with boom trucks and torch wagons. In 1977 we
started to pull things together and get organized. We
purchased a new large forklift and a new big MAC
crusher. In the summer of 1979 Walter passed away.
Walt's continued to grow and change with the times.
Our first big change was the implementation of an AIMS
inventory system. The inventory that we once stored in
our heads was now stored on cards and tags.
In 1985 we built a 20,000 square-foot steel building.
Within this building you will find our showroom, sales
area, offices, dismantling area, stockroom and storage
locations for parts. In 1986 a Hollander computer system
was installed. All our inventory is stored in this
computer system and can be accessed in a matter of
seconds. We have a 4-car carrier, a 2-car carrier, 4
delivery trucks, 2 large forklifts and a crusher. Today
we employ 26 people, 8 of which are family. We belong to
ARA, our national association, OATRA and the Better
Business Bureau. Walt's Auto is a certified auto
recycler with the Gold Seal of approval from ARA.
And the rest is history.
Copyright © 2006 Walts Auto Inc.
All rights reserved.
Information in this document is subject to change without
Other products and companies referred to herein are trademarks
registered trademarks of their respective companies or mark
This site built and maintained by
Auto and Parts